Clinical Faculty Appointment Criteria
Preceptors are eligible for a clinical faculty appointment if they meet the criteria for experiential preceptors or for residency preceptors
- Offer a minimum of four IPPEs/APPEs per academic year, with at least two students placed at the site during the year.
- Are responsible for at least 60% of the student's time during the experience.
- Take administrative responsibility for the teaching through grading, decision making, and oversight of the students’ rotation.
- Two years of service as a preceptor of record with the College.
- Meet the requirements to be a preceptor with the College, which include:
- Minimum of two years in practice,
- Be registered as a preceptor with the College of Pharmacy, and
- Be registered as a preceptor by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy.