The College of Pharmacy consistently ranks among the top two pharmacy schools in the nation. Founded in 1892, our college is the only pharmacy school in Minnesota. With campuses in the Twin Cities and in Duluth, we better serve the needs of Minnesotans, especially in rural areas.
One College, Two Campuses
The College of Pharmacy offers PharmD, PhD and M.S. programs on both the Twin Cities and Duluth campuses. Faculty and staff are shared between the two campuses, which also share the same curriculum. ITV technology is used to keep the campuses connected.
Legacy of Leadership
Since its founding, the College of Pharmacy has been a national leader in education, practice and policy. Our alumni are health care leaders from industry and association leaders, to deans and practitioners leading in their profession and community.
Research and Clinical Activities
With a sponsored research portfolio of $45 million, our research and clinical activities focus on:
- Drug discovery and development
- Pharmaceutics and drug delivery
- Experimental and clinical pharmacology, including personalized medicine
- Cancer therapies and chemoprevention
- Pharmacy management and economics
- Healthcare outcomes
- Ambulatory care practice
- Rural pharmacy
The Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree prepares pharmacists for a patient-centered practice.
Highlights of our four year degree program:
- 167 students per class (107 at Twin Cities, 60 at Duluth).
- Three years of didactic/lab coursework integrated with some early experiential learning.
- One year of experiential clinical work at sites all around the state.
- In 2009, the PharmD program received full six year accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
- Ranked 2nd in schools of pharmacy by U.S.News & World Report.
Online Courses and Continuing Education
The college offers primarily online and hybrid learning for undergraduates, other health professional students and pharmacists, and is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education for their continuing education programs.