Twin Cities Student Resources

Contact Office of Student Services if anything prevents you from succeeding in your coursework:

College of Pharmacy Office of Student Services

Expand all

University of Minnesota OneStop

This is the central point of information for university students where you can register for classes, check student account balances, check on course offerings and schedules, look up university maps, and get connected to virtually all University information relevant to you.

Academic Support

  • Academic Skills Coach: Julio Vega
    One-on-one meetings to help you discover tools and resources to become a more effective and efficient student. 
  • Effective U
    For tutorials in academic and personal well-being.
  • PharmD Tutoring
    Drop-in hours, exam review sessions, and 1:1 tutoring support available.
  • Disability Resource Center
    Services for students who have disabilities, both physical and psychological.

Belonging and Engagement


Computers and Tech Support

  • Public Computing Labs
    Find computer labs and locations across the University.
    Helpline Telephone: 612-301-4357 (1-HELP)
  • University Computer Store UMart
    Purchase computers, equipment, and software with educational discounts through the University.
  • Twin Cities Technology Help
    Provides informationon getting your home computer hooked up to the University and much more.
    Helpline Telephone: 612-301-4357 (1-HELP)

See Technology Resources for additional College of Pharmacy information.

Counseling and Student Assistance

  • Embedded Wellness Counseling - connect via one of the following methods
  • Student Mental Health
    A web resource for students who wish to learn more about mental health and related resources at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. This resource includes an online assessment tool and helpful tips to learn more about mental health and how to connect to campus & community resources that can help.
  • Student Counseling Services
    Hybrid (both virtual and in-person) counseling services. Quick access options include academic workshops, counseling groups, and affinity/accountability groups. SCS also offers short-term individual counseling.
  • Boynton Health Service
    In-person and telehealth appointments for counseling/therapy and medication management for students, and offers several groups virtually. The Mental Health Clinic is also available for in-person crisis appointments. Boynton Health is also seeing patients for physical health needs in person and virtually.
  • Let's Talk: Drop-In Counseling
    Free and confidential mental health consultations.
  • Learn to Live
    Online mental health program based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which assesses and delivers educational interventions on stress, depression and social anxiety.  This program offers confidential, 24/7 access and psychological tools for managing these issues.
  • Behavioral Health Screening
    Brief screenings are the quickest way to determine if you or someone you care about should connect with a behavioral health professional.
  • Aurora Center
    For victims of sexual violence, relationship violence, harassment, and stalking.

24-hour Crisis Connection: 

  • If you or a peer are experiencing a mental health crisis you can get support through the U of M Crisis Connection (text UMN to 61222 or call 612-301-4673). 
  • For emergencies or immediate threats to the safety of you or others, call 911 or present to your local emergency room.

Resources for Chemical Dependence Issues:

Disability Insurance

All PharmD students are covered by long term disability (LTD) insurance, which provides protection for students should a disability occur.

More details of coverage benefits and contact information for the plan administrator care are available on the Office of Student Health Benefits website

Students wishing to file a claim should notify the plan administrator as well as their College of Pharmacy student advisor.

Disability Resources Center

The DRC partners with students, faculty, staff, and guests of the University to facilitate accessibility and reduce barriers on campus to improve access for disabled people through:

  • Consulting on strategies to provide access and inclusion;
  • Determining and implementing reasonable academic, workplace, and guest accommodations;
  • Partnering with University offices to support meaningful physical and technological access.

Contact Julia Marcus Johnson: & Todd Helmer

Enrollment Verification

To verify your enrollment as a student for purposes such as student loan deferment, insurance discounts, employment, etc., follow the steps outlined on the OneStop website. It will provide step-by-step instructions for requesting enrollment verification via MyU > Academics > Enrollment Verification.

Expand all

Financial Services

Emergency fund
Students in need of short term financial assistance can submit a request to be eligible to receive emergency funding through the college's own emergency fund, and through other funds available to all university students. Emergency funds are meant to provide assistance to short-term, unforeseen financial needs (eg. housing, transportation, technology) - they are not meant to replace students' primary source of funding their education.

Note that international students can seek emergency funding via ISSS independently of this process.

Students can request emergency funds in two ways:

  1. Email One Stop at 
  2. Notify your advisor of your need for financial assistance, and you will be provided with information to submit a request.

Student Finances

  • Financial Aid Counselor for health professions
  • OneStop
    OneStop assistance for estimating costs, financial aid, billing and payment, and general questions about your student account.
  • Financial Wellness
    Educating students on the topics of loans, debt, credit, spending, and identity theft protection.
  • Free individual financial advising on topics like loan forgiveness, repayment plans, and income protection from our partners at Foster Klima. Contact Chris Elhardt by email ( or phone (612-746-2346) with questions.

Federal program that lowers the monthly cost of phone or internet service. Eligibility is based on income or participation in a government assistance program.

See the Costs & Aid page for more details plus information on loan forgiveness programs and interest-free loans for Muslim students.  

Food, Health, Wellness and Safety

  • Boynton Health Service
    On-campus primary health care, mental health clinic, urgent care, and dental clinic.
  • BeWELL - a wellbeing resource for the health sciences student community.
  • Food Insecurity
    • Nutritious U Food Pantry - Provides fresh and healthy food to students who struggle to get enough to eat.
    • Swipe Out Hunger Dining Dollars - Request to be added to the waitlist by emailing Provide your name and student ID number as well as how much you’re requesting ($20 or $40).
    • Hunger Solutions - Statewide map to find local food shelves, dining sites, discounted groceries, and more near you.
    • SNAP Benefits - Federal nutrition assistance program for low-income individuals and families.
  • Effective U
    Tutorials to build skills for academic and personal wellbeing.
  • Learn to Live offers five online programs based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): Social Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, Substance Use, and Stress, Anxiety and Worry.
  • Wellbeing Toolkit - Learn how a holistic approach to wellbeing can help you discover health, contentment, purpose, and connection.
  • Recreation and Wellness
    Enriching the campus experience and encouraging lifelong wellbeing. RecWell is a Student Services Fee-supported program. Coordinates sports facilities and equipment rentals, outdoor trips, intramural sports, health and wellness activities. 
  • Safety on Campus
    Call 911 for emergencies or triage
  • Gopher Chauffeur
    Provides free, safe rides home for all University of Minnesota-Twin Cities students.
    612-388-6911 - call 30 minutes before you need a ride.


The majority of PharmD students live off-campus, with other pharmacy colleagues.

Library and Study Spaces

University Libraries
Provides services including electronic library resources, health science databases and searches, research assistance, reservable study rooms, and specific support for pharmacy students.

Find locations to study on campus

Parent/Family Resources

Interprofessional Student-Parent Community
Campus life program that provides targeted support to meet the needs of healthcare professional students who are parents or caregivers.

Student Parent Help Center


  • Parking and Transportation Services
    Find maps and directions, weather and construction updates, and campus safety tips.
  • Paratransit Service
    Find more information about this specialized curb-to-curb, on-campus transportation service provided free of charge to persons with either temporary or permanent physical disabilities.
  • Twin Cities Metro Transit
    Find information about Twin Cities public transportation, including bus routes, schedules, and maps.
  • Universal Transit Pass (UTP)
    Unlimited access to the regional transit system in the TC metro area (rides on the NorthStar require a small supplemental fare for each ride)

UMTC Campus Resources