PCAT scores are optional for most* applications to the University of Minnesota PharmD program. Here are more details for specific situations:
- If you haven't yet taken the PCAT, you may choose whether or not to do so.
- We strongly recommend taking the PCAT if your:
- Overall GPA is below 3.0
- Science prerequisite grades are consistently below a B-
- Science prerequisites were taken 5+ years ago
- Grades have trended down over time
- Note that an approved standardized test is typically required to apply to any of our dual degree programs, so applicants considering a dual degree are advised to take the PCAT.
- We strongly recommend seeking our guidance before deciding whether or not to take the PCAT: Email us or set up an individual appointment to receive personalized guidance!
- *If you take or have already taken the PCAT, your official score is required as part of your application and should be reported directly to PharmCAS at code 104.