Prerequisite course requirements
- Must be taken at a regionally-accredited university, college, or community college
- Must be at least 3 semester credits, taken A-F, and completed with a grade of C- or better
- May be satisfied by IB, PSEO, or College in the Schools credit if it appears on a college transcript
- May be satisfied by AP exam if you score a 3 or higher, or appears as credit on a college transcript
- May be satisfied with online courses if taken for credit at a regionally-accredited university, college, or community college
Prerequisites may be fulfilled using courses taken on a pass/fail (S/N at UMN) grading scale (with a passing grade) for Spring and Summer semester 2020 courses due to the significant disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Otherwise, students are expected to take prerequisites on an A-F grading scale. Outside of the Spring and Summer 2020 semesters, one prerequisite course may be taken on a pass/fail grading scale; additional pass/fail coursework must be approved. For details or to address a specific situation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prerequisite Time Limit
Prerequisites include foundational content necessary for success in the PharmD program. Given the importance of prerequisites as an assessment of academic readiness for the program, applicants whose prerequisites will be more than 7 years old at the time of enrollment are strongly encouraged to seek individual guidance from admissions staff.
International coursework may be used to fulfill the prerequisites. If you took international courses that do not appear on a US transcript, a WES course-by-course transcript evaluation must be submitted as part of your PharmCAS application.