You are welcome to join us! This is an informal group of SOTL enthusiasts that meets together weekly because we know it’s important to keep reading.
Reading helps us to be aware of innovative work in pharmacy education. It helps us to identify new teaching and scholarly methods to aid in advancing and evaluating curricula. Reading helps us to become better writers, reviewers and scholars.
Interested participants are encouraged to drop-in as their schedule allows. We understand that our members have varied and hectic schedules. There are times when we’ve all missed a reading, but came in for discussion. Or, we’ve missed weeks due to other commitments.
The readings are not pre-determined. We decide on them week-by-week based on the interests of the group and new articles being released. In addition to reading, about once/ month we invite authors to attend and discuss their work with us.
UMN CoP Graduate students, residents and pharmacy faculty that are dedicated to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SOTL)
Once weekly, 1-hour journal club
Fridays, 9-10AM, 7-173 WDH. Remote connects are available! Please contact us to set up.
- Foster community for SOTL enthusiasts
- Learn best practices from SOTL scholars
- Stimulate ideas for future SOTL scholarship
- Keep us regularly reading and considering contemporary lines of inquiry
Topic Areas (to date)
- Teaching Topics
- Issues and Techniques in Pharmacy Education
- Resources and Strategies for SOTL and Educational Research
- Article Types and Publishing Options
Wulling Center for Innovation & Scholarship in Pharmacy Education
Kristin Janke, email@example.com