Encouraging Publication and Increasing Publication Options
In addition, our faculty and graduate students are also working to expand the types of publication opportunites available to support teaching and learning. In particular, we have worked to:
- Inviting Articles on Leadership Development
- Provide opportunities to share the Wisdom of Experience
- Promote scholarly lines of inquiry and innovation
- Define education Case Study Reports and Idea Papers
- Encourage dialogue through commentaries
- Expand publishing opportunities for early IPE efforts
- Clarify the role of Letters to the Editor
- Support strong methodology
- Aiding in the launch of a scholarly blog
The new suite of article types at Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning, which was presented at the 2018 Lifelong Learning in Pharmacy Conference in Australia.
Reading and Discussing
As we engage in addressing challenges and creating new opportunities, there is no need to re-invent the wheel. Scholarly teaching requires active engagement in reading the literature. We are discussing scholarly work in teaching and learning during our weekly journal club.