2020 Recipient: Gary Schneider
Among his outstanding accomplishments, Gary Schneider has:
- Owned and managed Desnick Brothers Drug and Medical Supply where he provided pharmacy and health services to the diverse communities of the Midway area of St. Paul from 1978 to 1993.
- Subsequently developed new pharmacist-provided clinical products, and managed the network of pharmacists for Diversified Pharmaceutical Services -- a pharmacy benefit management company started by the predecessor of Medica, the Minnesota health plan.
- Managed the leading supplier of compounding materials and good-practices training for the Minnesota-based Gallipot and continued on as U.S. President when the company was purchased by the European based Fagron.
- Served as of MedEdgeRx: manager of a cutting-edge pharmacist-provided medication management services to Minnesotans
Throughout Scheinder’s distinguished career, he has been an advocate for pharmacists and their value to Minnesota communities, health care industries, and insurance programs. He has served in numerous leadership roles including as:
- president of the Minnesota Pharmacists Association
- a trustee of the American Pharmacists Association.
- a two-term member and president of the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy, serving the citizens of Minnesota
Schneider is truly a nationally recognized pharmacist leader who is well deserving of this recognition.