Doctor of Pharmacy, Isfahan University of Medical Science, Iran 2-12-1019
Pegah Farrokhi is a Ph.D. student at the University of Minnesota, studying Social and Administrative Pharmacy with health informatic minor. Her journey in pharmacy started in Iran, where she earned her Doctor of Pharmacy degree and worked as a pharmacist. Her passion lies in oncology research, focusing on how to improve the treatment and outcomes for cancer patients. Pegah's research work began with a thesis on comparing different chemotherapy treatments for stomach cancer patients, and she has continued to explore ways to make cancer care better . Currently, She is a Research Assistant at the University of Minnesota, where she has been involved in conducting clinical trials and observational studies to investigate cancer patients' outcomes.
Besides her studies, Pegah has gained experience working in various roles in pharmacy managements and hospital pharmacist. She's not just about hands-on work; she's also committed to teaching. Pegah has been a Teaching Assistant in courses like Integrated Oncology and Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy at the University of Minnesota, and she's been involved in pharmacy internships in Iran.
Awards & Recognition
- Social and Administrative Pharmacy (SAPh) Provost Recruiting Fellowship, 2022
- Ranked 2nd in inter-regional (EMRO) Patient counseling event held by the International Pharmaceutical Student Federation (IPSF), 2017.
- Secretary, Student Chapter of the International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology (ISPE) at the University of Minnesota, July 2023- Present
- PGx accelerator Team, in collaboration with American Society of Health System Pharmacists, University of Minnesota, November 2022- Present.
- Registered Pharmacist, Iran Medical Council, Food and Drug Organization, Iran. 2019-Present
- Chairperson, Professional Development, Student Chapter of International Pharmaceutical Students’ Federation at Isfahan University of Medical Science, Iran. 2015-2016
- Member, Hemotology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA) -Member, International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research -Member, International Pharmaceutical Federation
- Integrated Oncology
Research Areas (Publications)