Jacqueline Barber, PharmD, BCNSP, FASHP
PharmD, University of Texas, 1983
Bachelor of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota; Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, University of Minnesota - School of Agriculture, 1979
Licensures and Certifications
Preceptor for 4th year Doctor of Pharmacy students from the U of MN. Lecturer for PDIII Acute Care, starting 2016. Former course director for Clinical Nutrition section of Human Nutrition and Drug Therapy, at the College of Pharmacy, through 2015; and on-line course: Clinical Nutrition Support (Outreach Education), 2000-2014.
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program Director, Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, 2013 to present
Pharmacy Clinical Specialist – Nutrition Support, Methodist Hospital at Park Nicollet Health Services - St. Louis Park Minnesota
Awards & Recognition
- AACP Master Preceptor Award - 2017
- U of MN Pharmacy Alumni Society Faculty Recognition Award - 2015
- A.S.P.E.N. Distinguished Nutrition Support Pharmacist – 2007
- Excellence in Teaching - CE/On-line learning, U of MN College of Pharmacy, 2011
- Preceptor of the Year: 2002
- Teacher of the Year: 2003, 2002, 2001, 1996
- Professor of the Semester: 2013, 2010, 2009, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1997
- Fellow of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists - FASHP, 1993
- 1992 Ethel Austin Martin Distinguished Lecturer in Human Nutrition, South Dakota State University
Member of American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP), Central Minnesota Society for Health-System Pharmacists (CMSHP), and The American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN)
Clinical Nutrition Support; Parenteral Nutrition; Staff Development
"Parenteral Nutrition for the Non-Nutrition Pharmacist," ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Anaheim, CA, December 7, 2014.
Barber, JR, Sacks GS. Parenteral Nutrition Formulations, Chapter 15, pp.245-264. In: The A.S.P.E.N. Adult Nutrition Support Core Curriculum, 2nd ed. American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, Silver Spring, MD, 2012.