The Align Summit will focus on four themes to optimize medication outcomes through provider-health plan partnerships:
Partnerships: Designing successful partnerships between health plans and pharmacist providers.
Metrics: Identifying, prioritizing and adopting metrics aligned with the Quintuple Aim to measure value from medication management services in today’s healthcare environment.
- Program Design: Establishing effective benefit design of medication therapy management programs that create engagement with beneficiaries and care providers to produce value.
- Implementation: Once partnerships are formed, adopting best practices that support accelerated engagement by care providers in the health plan partnership and strategies to evaluate, adapt and scale the program to ensure desired outcomes of the partnership are realized.
Goals of this conference will be to:
- Share best practices in health plan/pharmacist provider partnerships
- Explore strategies that build collaboration and investment between health plans and pharmacist providers
- Highlight the benefits of a regional focus on health plan/provider partnership development
- Inspire the formation of communities of practice around regional health plan/pharmacist provider partnerships
Target audience for attendance includes:
- Pharmacists practicing in community and ambulatory care settings seeking to grow sustainable medication management programs
- Health system pharmacist leaders responsible for outpatient clinical program success
- Health plan leaders responsible for clinical programs aimed at improving performance metrics and total cost of care
- National and State Association Leaders seeking to support provider-health plan partnership development
- Leaders of state health departments and Medicaid programs seeking to improve chronic health measures and manage health care costs
- Leaders from schools of pharmacy that seek to create influential partnerships that advance pharmacy practice in their respective regions
Monday, Sept. 18 Evening Welcome Reception
Tuesday, Sept. 19 All Day Conference Programming
Wednesday, Sept. 20 Morning Half-Day Conference Programming
615 Washington Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Dr. Kevin Ronneberg is a physician executive with experience developing strategy, brokering partnerships, leading operations and driving innovation in his roles in the healthcare industry. He has held leadership positions in health care delivery, health plan, retail clinics and pharmacy organizations. His experience includes leading teams through the development and implementation of medication therapy management programs in retail settings at Target and helping to position pharmacy delivered services into health plan offerings that deliver value to purchasers and individuals at HealthPartners. He has served as an expert stakeholder for NACDS and the University of North Carolina Eschelmann School of Pharmacy with a focus on MTM. Additional roles include serving as a committee member and advisor for several regional and national organizations including the National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine, Duke’s Margolis Center for Health Policy and Business Group on Health. He is a graduate of the University of Minnesota Medical School and is board-certified in family medicine.
Thank you to our sponsors
Tabula Rasa HealthCare
Alliance for Integrated Medication Management (AIMM)
On behalf of the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy and the Center for Leading Healthcare Change, please accept this summary and recap of our 2023 Align Summit: Advancing Provider-Health Plan Partnerships for Optimizing Medication Outcomes.