Patrick P. Gleason, PharmD, BCPS, FCCP, FAMCP
Residency in Ambulatory Care, University of Pittsburgh
PharmD, University of Minnesota
Bachelor of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota
Licensures and Certifications
As Assistant Vice President, Health Outcomes at Prime Therapeutics, Dr. Gleason leads Prime’s clinical health outcomes assessment team in the development and improvement of pharmacy benefit management programs. Through integrated medical and pharmacy claims data analysis Dr. Gleason assesses clinical program opportunity and post-implementation outcomes.
Awards & Recognition
- 2020 Re-elected to AMCP Board of Directors for 2 year term
- 2018 Elected to AMCP Board of Directors for 2 year term
- 2016 Elected as a Fellow of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (FAMCP)
- AMCP Spirit of Volunteerism Award, 2014
- URAC 2013 Care Coordination and Clinical Integration Category – Silver Award, 2013
- Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy 2012 Award for Excellence, Honorable Mention, 2013
- Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy 2009 Award for Excellence, 2010
- Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy 2008 Award for Excellence, 2009
- Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy 2007 Award for Excellence, Honorable Mention, 2008
- 2005 Elected as a Fellow of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (FCCP)
Managed Care Pharmacy
- Smith JJ, Qiu Y, Lam SV, Lockwood CM, Pegus C, Gleason PP. Medical Costs and Health Care Utilization Among Self-Insured Members with Carve-In Versus Carve-Out Pharmacy Benefits. J Manag Care Pharm2020 Mar 10:1-9.
- Starner CI, Gleason PP. Spinal Muscular Atrophy Therapies: ICER Grounds the Price to Value Conversation in Facts. J Manag Care Pharm2019:25(12):1306-1308.
- Willke RJ, Chapman RH, Seidman JJ, Schnipper LE, Gleason PP. Current Value Frameworks – What’s New? Value in Health 2019;22(6):S7-S11.
- Ollendorf DA, Kamil-Bahl S, Gleason PP, Schrandt S, McElwee N. Practical Next Steps in Improving Value Measurement and Use. Value in Health 2019;22(6):S29-S31.
- Starner CI, Qiu Y, Karaca-Mandic P, Gleason PP. Association of a Controlled Substance Scoring Algorithm with Health Care Costs and Hospitalizations: A Cohort Study. J Manag Care Pharm 2016 Dec;22(12):1403-1410.
- Borah BJ, Qiu Y, Shah ND, Gleason PP. Impact of provider mailings on medication adherence by Medicare Part D members.
Healthcare (Amst) 2016 Sep;4(3):207-16.
- Karmarkar TD, Starner CI, Qiu Y, Tiberg K, Gleason PP. Sofosbuvir initial therapy abandonment and manufacturer coupons in a commercially insured population. Am J Manag Care 2016 May;22(6 Spec No.):SP191-7.
- Starner CI, McClelland RS, Qiu, Y, Zabinski, RA, Cotter N, Gleason PP. A Linezolid Prior Authorization Program: Clinical and Economic Outcomes. American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits 2014;6(2):81-88.
- Daubresse M, Gleason PP, Peng Y, Shah ND, Ritter ST, Alexander CG. Impact of a Drug Utilization Review Program on High-Risk Use of Prescription Controlled Substances. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety 2013 Jul 24. doi: 10.1002/pds.3487. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gleason PP, Alexander GC, Starner CI, Ritter ST, Van Houten HK, Gunderson BW, Shah ND. Health Plan Utilization and Costs of Specialty Drugs within Four Chronic Conditions. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy 2013;19(7):542-48.
- Gleason PP, Starner CI, Phillips J, Fenrick B, Delgado- Riley A. Dalfampridine Prior Authorization Program: A Cohort Study. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy 2013;19(1):18-25.
- Tungol A, Starner CI, Gunderson BW, Schafer SA, Qiu Y, Gleason PP. Generic Drug Discount Programs: Are Prescriptions Being Submitted for Pharmacy Benefit Adjudication? Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy 2012;18(9):690-700.
- Gleason P. Lessons from the Real World: Designing Specialty Pharmacy Benefits to Maximize Value. Benefits Magazine 2012;10:38-41.
- Starner CI, Fenrick B, Coleman J, Wickersham P, Gleason PP. Rosiglitazone Prior Authorization Safety Policy: A Cohort Study. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy 2012;18(3):225-233.
- Gleason PP. Health Plan and Pharmacy Benefit Manager Collaborative Research. Foundation for Managed Care Pharmacy Symposium Proceedings, October 18, 2011. Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy Publication. Pages 20-23.
- Schafer JA, Gunderson BW, Gleason PP. Price Increases and New Drugs Drive Increased Expenditures for Multiple Sclerosis. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy 2010;16(9):713-417.
- Schafer JA, Kjesbo NK, Gleason PP. Formulary Review of 2 New Biologic Agents: Ustekinumab for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Tocilizumab for Plaque Psoriasis. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy 2010;16(6):401-416.
- Pittenger AL, Starner CI, Thompson K, Gleason PP. Pharmacy Students’ Views of Managed Care Pharmacy and PBMs: Should there be More Exposure to Managed Care in the Pharmacy Curriculum? Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy 2010;16(5):346-54.