Kylee Funk, PharmD, BCPS
PGY1 in pharmacy practice, University of Michigan Health System
PGY2 in ambulatory care, University of Michigan Health System
Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Michigan College of Pharmacy
Bachelor of Chemistry, University of Missouri
Licensures and Certifications
Dr. Funk graduated from the University of Michigan College of Pharmacy and went on to complete two years of pharmacy residency at the University of Michigan Health System where she specialized in ambulatory care. She joined the University of Minnesota faculty in 2014 as clinical faculty.
- Impact of comprehensive medication management
- Collaborative care provided by nurse practitioner-pharmacist teams
- Innovative patient and student education techniques
- Clinician wellbeing
Academic Interests and Focus
Care for patients with diabetes and metabolic syndrome
Phar 6754: Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
University of Minnesota Health Nurse Practitioners Clinic
Diabetes management, assisting with medication adherence, team-based care, substance use disorder
Clinical Experience Statement
I work to provide a comprehensive review of medications. I find that patients have varying perspectives on medication use. I enjoy using a holistic view when I work with a patient and find satisfaction in helping the patient to meet their individual goals. PRACTICE TIMELINE: The clinic opened in April 2015 and pharmacist services were incorporated in July 2015. PHARMACY ROLE: Pharmacists provide comprehensive medication management. Pharmacists see patients independently and also through co-v
- Funk KA, Weaver KK. Team work and collaborative practice agreements among pharmacists and nurse practitioners. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2018;58(1):117-119.
- Funk KA, Kolar C, Schweiss SK, Tingen JM, Janke KK. Experience with the Script Concordance Test to Develop Clinical Reasoning Skills in Pharmacy Students. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2017;9(6):1031-1041.
- Funk KA, Paffrath A, Anderson JK. Pharmacist and nurse practitioner collaboration in nurse-managed health clinic. JNP. 2017; 13(6):e273-6.
- Marini BL, Funk K, Kraft MD, Fong JM, Naanos R, Stout SM, Wagner D. The effects of an informational video on patient knowledge, satisfaction and compliance with venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: a pilot study. Patient Educ Couns. 2014;96(2):264-7
- Funk KA, Bostwick JR. A comparison of the risk of QT prolongation among SSRIs. Ann Pharmacother. 2013; 47(10): 1330-41.
- Funk KA, Bostwick JR. Paliperidone Palmitate Injection Site. Issues Ment Health Nurs. 2013;34(10):779-82
- Hutton D, Kaakeh R, Funk K, Gatwood J, Chan B, Salah-Ud-Din M. Cost-Effectiveness of 3 Statin Sample Policies in Post-Myocardial Infarction Patients. Am J Pharm Benefits. 2013;5(2):e36-e45