Billing for MTM Services in Minnesota
This five-part online course provides foundational knowledge for understanding the overall fee-for-service billing landscape for medication therapy management, also called comprehensive medication management, in Minnesota. It also provides the basics on contracting, provider enrollment and credentialing, service expectations, and claim reconciliation in addition to providing an understanding of the support structures needed to bill for services.
The materials for this course are hosted in Canvas, the University's learning management system, which requires a University of Minnesota account to access. If you have an existing UMN account, you can register for this course using that account; otherwise, you will be directed to create a University of Minnesota Guest Account during registration.
This program is designed for pharmacists who provide MTM services in Minnesota and have a need for improved reimbursement for services, particularly through MN Medicaid programs.
Continuing Education credit and regsistration will be availble soon.
- Describe payers in Minnesota reimbursing for MTM using fee-for-service mechanisms.
- Compare the different billing mechanisms that exist, including MTM CPT codes, incident to billing and Medicare Part D
- Discuss the contracting process in relation to billing and payer credentialing
- Outline various components of a contract and the considerations needed for each
- Discuss Enrollment and Credentialing Processes necessary for billing MTM Services.
- Provide tools for practitioner enrollment in DHS and PMAP plans.
- Describe key factors in creating necessary infrastructure to send claims and receive reimbursement for services
- Evaluate participation in MTM networks specific for your clinical site
- Review the life cycle of a claim
- Discuss specific billing requirements for Minnesota Medicaid plans
- Review how to determine the status of a claim
Billing for MTM Services is a fully online, self-paced course that covers a range of topics and concludes with a cumulative quiz. This course includes five modules. Each module contains a video presentation to help you master these topics and prepare for the final assessment. Participants will be required to pass the 11-question quiz with a score of 70% or better. The learning materials and assessment will be available online 24/7.
Overall Landscape of Payment for MTM Services in Minnesota
Provider Enrollment and Credentialing
Implementation of Billing for MTM Services
Claim Reconciliation Process for Documentation and Billing