The Department of Pharmaceutical Care & Health Systems embraces a leadership role in curricular innovation at the College. Many of our faculty are serving in leadership roles that are creating new learning experiences for Doctor of Pharmacy students. In addition, several faculty are also modeling innovative teaching and learning strategies in a variety of courses.
Advancement of Experiential Education
PCHS faculty are leading new initiatives to enhance educational design and evaluate consistency and quality of learning experiences in the experiential setting. Several PCHS faculty are serving in leadership roles.
- Ambulatory Care: Jean Moon, PharmD, Course Director
- Community Pharmacy Practice: Caity Frail, PharmD, Course Director
- Patient Care Electives: Ann Philbrick PharmD, Course Director
Innovations in Teaching
Departmental faculty are recognized by both students and peers for their commitment to innovations in teaching and learning. Many are engaged in the scholarship of teaching and learning, disseminating their innovations via pharmacy education journals. Examples of teaching innovations currently being developed by faculty include:
- Team based learning: Wendy St. Peter, PharmD and Nichole Rupnow, PharmD
- Becoming a Pharmacist: Jason Varin, PharmD