Student and Professional Affairs Division
The Student and Professional Affairs Division serves the College of Pharmacy, the University of Minnesota and the profession of pharmacy by building strong student, alumni and external support through educational opportunities, communication, recognition and advocacy.
The Division is separated into the following units under the leadership of Dr. Randy Seifert, Associate Dean for Student and Professional Affairs:
- Professional Affairs Division
- Office of Student Services
- Continuing Professional Development
- Global Pharmacy Engagement
These units work together to provide high quality experiences that support our students, alumni, practitioners and other partners.
The Professional Affairs Division oversees the college's alumni affairs, professional affairs, and international programs
Within a welcoming, inclusive, and respectful environment, the Office of Student Services (OSS) co-creates the conditions to prepare, enroll, support, and empower competent and transformative future pharmacists.
OSS staff create strategy and planning to ensure the optimal student experience in the college through student engagement, student advising, career development, and helping PharmD students overcome obstacles to their education.
Admissions staff recruit a diverse array of prospective students, advise them to be competitive applicants, manage the admissions process, and create admissions and recruitment strategies that meet the needs of the college and workforce.
Continuing Professional Development works with healthcare providers to create educational activities targeted to address gaps in knowledge, skills, strategies and performance. We offer a variety of CE courses and accreditation services. Our mission is to educate the healthcare team as a whole to improve patient outcomes. We leverage the expertise of faculty within the College of Pharmacy, other schools within the AHC and health-related organizations.
Dr. Randy Seifert, Associate Dean for Student and Professional Affairs
Professional and External Relations
- Jason Varin, Director Alumni Relations
- Bruce Benson, Associate Director of Professional Relations
- Henning Schroeder, Director of International Programs
- Jessica Ward-Denison, Coordinator
Office of Student Services
- Peter Haeg, Director
- Becky Borg, Career Services Coordinator & Student Advisor
- Jennifer Niemeier, Executive Student Services Specialist
- Katherine Vukelich, Student Engagement Coordinator
Office of Admissions
- Olivia Buncher, Director
- Cassie Lanier, Admissions Counselor
- Caitlyn Nygard, Admissions Counselor
- Sarah Springer, Communications and Data Coordinator
Continuing Professional Development
Cheryl Ekegren-Kirby, Continuing Pharmacy Education Administrator