Student and Professional Affairs Division
The Student and Professional Affairs Division serves the College of Pharmacy, the University of Minnesota and the profession of pharmacy by building strong student, alumni and external support through educational opportunities, communication, recognition and advocacy.
The Division is separated into the following units under the leadership of Dr. Randy Seifert, Associate Dean for Student and Professional Affairs:
- Office of Professional and External Relations
- Office of Student Services
- Continuing Professional Development
- Global Pharmacy Engagement
These units work together to provide high quality experiences that support our students, alumni, practitioners and other partners.
Professional and External Relations
Within a welcoming, inclusive, and respectful environment, the Office of Student Services (OSS) co-creates the conditions to prepare, enroll, support, and empower competent and transformative future pharmacists.
OSS staff recruit a diverse array of prospective students, advise them to be competitive applicants, manage the admissions process, and create admissions and recruitment strategy that meets the needs of the college and workforce. In addition, OSS creates strategy and planning to ensure the optimal student experience in the college through student engagement, student advising, career development, and helping PharmD students overcome obstacles to their education.
- Peter Haeg, Director
- Olivia Buncher, Associate Director of Admissions and Recruitment
- Becky Borg, Career Services Coordinator & Student Advisor
- Cassie Lanier, Admissions Counselor
- Jennifer Niemeier, Executive Student Services Specialist
- Amy Renne, Academic Advisor
- Sarah Springer, Communications and Data Coordinator
- Katherine Vukelich, Student Engagement Coordinator
Continuing Professional Development
Continuing Pharmacy Education works with healthcare providers to create educational activities targeted to address gaps in knowledge, skills, strategies and performance. We offer a variety of CE courses and accreditation services. Our mission is to educate the healthcare team as a whole to improve patient outcomes. We leverage the expertise of faculty within the College of Pharmacy, other schools within the AHC and health-related organizations.