Choosing the University of Minnesota
Choosing the University of Minnesota Postgraduate (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency Program
The College of Pharmacy offers several distinct PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program experiences, all of which focus on the delivery of pharmaceutical care in ambulatory environments. Sites encompass rural pharmacies, urban environments, high-risk populations, and corporate entities.
While residents complete most of their training at a specific host site, the program includes several activities designed to enhance learning and build collegiality among trainees, including:
- Edit and write for Curbside Consult
- Pharmaceutical Care Grand Rounds and Case Presentations
- Teaching in the College of Pharmacy/Precepting
- Monthly Academic days hosted by residency sites
- Applying Medical Literature and Building an MTM Practice course
Our Program also fosters strong relationships between residents and preceptors, and encourages a partnership among these two parties.
All residency experiences include the following fringe benefits:
- Competitive Stipend
- Health Insurance
- Travel Stipend
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation/ Personal Days
The program is accredited as a multi-site residency program by ASHP. All of our opportunities are accredited as PGY1 residencies.