PharmD Career Events
Intern Networking Event
Thursday, October 7, 2021
1:45 - 3:15 PM via Zoom
- PD1 students required to attend; PD2 students invited
- Open to all employers with a focus on intern positions
Post-Grad Opportunities & Networking
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
6:30 - 8:00 PM via Zoom
- PD3-PD4 students and recent alumni invited
- Open to all employers, residency, and fellowship programs
- Provide an informal opportunity for students to connect with employers and practice networking skills.
- Help students learn about different employers and potential internships/positions.
- Encourage students to make connections and build their network.
Keys for Employers
- Keep it informal - business casual recommended; no resumes/CVs required.
- Neither students nor employers need to be actively seeking a position or hiring.
- Each event will provide an opportunity for employer introductions followed by breakout rooms for networking.
We’ll start with employer introductions in a large-group Zoom meeting. Then, each employer will host a breakout room and students will visit different rooms at will.
- Employer Introductions:
- Large group Zoom meeting
- Each representative will have about 1 minute to introduce themselves and briefly share name, position, organization, types of positions or locations, etc.
- Networking Session:
- Breakout rooms in Zoom (within same meeting link)
- After the large-group intros, each employer will 'host' a breakout room and students will visit different rooms at will.
- The College will share time-checks and encourage students to navigate various breakouts during the session.
- If a conversation with a student progresses and would be better suited to a more private space, you may wish to move to a separate Zoom link for one-on-one discussions. Feel free to set up a Zoom link in advance to share with a student, or schedule a time to follow up outside of the event.
Additional ways to connect with students
We’re happy to share details with students via email - email Becky if you’re planning on any of the following opportunities:
- Hosting an Info Session to share more about your organization or open positions
- Scheduling an interview block for intern or grad/pharmacist positions
- Post specific openings on our job boards: z.umn.edu/pharmacycareers
We can also share your materials with students in advance of the event, ie videos or brochures about your organization or specific opportunities. Please email PharmD@umn.edu with links, attachments, or more details.
- We will use the Zoom platform to host each event.
- Attendees should have version 5.7.0 (or newer) of the Zoom desktop client installed on their computer system to participate.
- If not, you will not be able to join your breakout room and interact with students.