Beginning with the Fall 2018 application cycle, the University of Minnesota PharmD supplemental application will be integrated with the PharmCAS application; once the University of Minnesota has been selected, a set of custom questions will become available for applicants to complete.
To aid in your preparation, our supplemental essay questions are available here. Keep in mind the Admissions Committee will review your PharmCAS personal statement and supplemental essays at the same time, so it is not recommended that you copy and paste the same information from one essay to another.
Supplemental Application Essays
- You have already listed your leadership, volunteer, and extracurricular experiences on your PharmCAS application. Describe the contribution you made that was most meaningful to you. (Maximum 1000 characters, including spaces)
- Please share your career goals with a focus on where you hope to be in 10 years; consider factors such as the geographic area or population you hope to serve, a specialty you might be considering, the setting in which you hope to work, etc. Explain why. (Maximum 1700 characters, including spaces)
- Our admissions committee will also consider unique factors that will contribute to a diverse student body when making admissions decisions. Discuss how you will contribute uniquely to the diversity in the PharmD program and pharmacy profession. (Maximum 1700 characters, including spaces. Factors including but not limited to: academic, professional, or geographic background, race/ethnicity, first generation college student status, challenging or disadvantaged background, and ability in multiple languages)
- For applicants reapplying to the PharmD Program ONLY: Please describe how you have changed and strengthened your application to our PharmD program. Include all relevant academic, work, volunteer, personal and pharmacy experience. (Maximum 1700 characters, including spaces)
- Provide any additional comments or information you would like the Admissions Committee to consider during the review of your application, such as causes of any academic difficulties or additional qualifications not already noted. (Maximum 1700 characters, including spaces)
Application Processing Fee
The $75 University of Minnesota PharmD application processing fee is required for a complete application. The link to pay the application processing fee will be shared via email once we receive your verified PharmCAS application. The fee may be paid online with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover credit card. If you received a PharmCAS application fee waiver, you are also eligible to waive the supplemental application fee but must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
- December 1: Priority Deadline for Scholarship Consideration
All application materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. Central time for priority scholarship consideration
- February 1: PharmCAS Deadline
PharmCAS application, PharmCAS application fee, and all official transcripts must be received by PharmCAS by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time
- March 1: Complete Application Deadline
All application materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. Central time to be considered for Fall 2018 admission
Applicants are encouraged to complete the application prior to the deadline because with rolling admissions, interview spots or seats in the program could fill before the deadline.
Once your application is complete, you will receive a confirmation email that your application is under review. Your application will be reviewed according to the first seven selection criteria to determine if you will be invited to interview and we will contact you via email.