Courtney Murphy-Bakken, PharmD, Clinical Pharmacist in Population Health at St. Luke's Hospital, Duluth
- Review Chronic Care Management programming and pharmacist interventions for enrolled patients
- Describe new roles for pharmacists to improve patient care in transition from the inpatient to outpatient setting
- Understand how this pharmacist work fits within population health
Recorded October 2019
This course covers key foundational concepts of comprehensive medication management (CMM) for pharmacists in need of refreshing their knowledge of pharmaceutical care and its evolution to CMM.
- Define the role of pharmacist-led quality improvement work promoting interprofessional collaboration in optimizing health outcomes.
- Discuss the use of population health management strategies to improve targeted clinical outcomes and prove value of the pharmacist in the primary care setting
- Reflect on pharmaceutical practice leadership stories to promote improved medication use at various clinical sites
Learn more about factors that increase an individuals' risk of opioid overdose, identify signs and symptoms of opioid overdose, and understand the pros and cons of different naloxone formulations.
Kristine Parbuoni, PharmD, BCPPS, Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science and Director of OSCE Programs, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
- Describe the current use of simulation-based training in the curriculum at a school of pharmacy.
- Explain the purpose of debriefing after a simulation-based encounter.
- Apply the advocacy inquiry questioning technique to debrief a student after a simulation-based encounter.
Recorded Monday, November 11, 2019