Henning Schroeder, PhD
Director of International Programs, College of Pharmacy
Fellowship (cell signaling), Stanford University
PhD in Pharmacology, Düsseldorf University
Pharmacy Degree, Düsseldorf University
Awards & Recognition
- Schröder H (2020) The nodding heads and Wilhelmine characters in Trump's America. The Society Pages, May 13, 2020
- Schröder H (2020) Revolts, pandemics, and regalia—a brief history of canceled ceremonies. Academe Blog, March 20, 2020
- Schröder H (2020) The Evangelical ethic and the spirit of escapism. The Society Pages, February 24, 2020
- Schröder H (2019) Vision, values and branding - universities as corporate caricatures. Academe Blog, December 2, 2019
- Schröder H (2019) A Stolperstein (stumbling stone) in my hometown and what it means to me today. The Society Pages, September 25, 2019
- Schröder H (2019) An impressionable world and flavors of U.S. diplomacy. Opinion Exchange, Star Tribune, September 9, 2019
- Schröder H (2019) Wilhelm von Humboldt's estranged American children and their obsession with leadership. Academe Blog, July 12, 2019
- Schröder H (2019) The University needs more democracy and less royalty. Letter to the Editor, Minnesota Daily, April 4, 2019
- Schröder H (2019) Donors, poets, paper-pushers – who deserves to have a building named after them? Opinion Exchange, Star Tribune, January 9, 2019
- Schröder H (2018) A European view on doctoral education in the United States. The Doctoral Debate, European University Association – Council of Doctoral Education, November 23, 2018
- Schröder H (2018) American exceptionalism needs another revolution. The Society Pages, February 12, 2018
- Schröder H (2017) Flags, France and Freedom Fries – the changing flavor of American patriotism. The Society Pages, May 10, 2017
- Schröder H (2016) The unpredictable impacts of international graduate experiences. GradEdge 5 (3):3-4
- Kartha RV, Zhou J, Basso L, Schröder H, Orchard PJ, Cloyd J (2015) Mechanisms of antioxidant induction with high-dose N-acetylcysteine in childhood cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy. CNS Drugs 29:1041-1047
- Hetzel S, DeMets D, Schneider R, Borzak S, Schneider W, Serebruany V, Schröder H, Hennekens CH (2013) Aspirin increases nitric oxide formation in chronic stable coronary disease. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 18:217-221
- Kartha RV, Zhou J, Hovde LB, Cheung BW and Schröder H. Enhanced detection of hydrogen sulfide generated in cell culture using an agar trap method. Anal. Biochem. 423: 102-108 (2012).
- Hinkelmann U, Grosser N, Erdmann K, Schröder H and Immenschuh S. Simvastatin-dependent up-regulation of heme oxygenase-1 via mRNA stabilization in human endothelial cells. Eur. J. Pharm. Sci. 41: 118-124 (2010).
- Sparatore A, Perrino E, Tazzari V, Giustarini D, Rossi R, Rossoni G, Erdmann K, Schröder H and Del Soldato P. Pharmacological profile of a novel hydrogen sulfide-releasing aspirin. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 46: 586-592 (2009).
- Schröder H. No nitric oxide for HO-1 from sodium nitroprusside. Mol. Pharmacol. 69: 1507-1509 (2006).
- Schmidt P, Schramm M, Schröder H, Wunder F and Stasch J-P. Identification of residues crucially involved in the binding of the heme moiety of soluble guanylate cyclase. J. Biol. Chem. 279: 3025-3032 (2004).
- Stasch J-P, Becker EM, Alonso-Alija C, Apeler H, Dembowsky K, Feurer A, Gerzer R, Minuth T, Perzborn E, Pleiss U, Schröder H, Schroeder W, Stahl E, Steinke W, Straub A and Schramm M. NO-independent regulatory site on soluble guanylate cyclase and therapeutic implications. Nature 410: 212-215 (2001).
- Polte T, Abate A, Dennery PA and Schröder H. Heme oxygenase-1 is a cyclic GMP-inducible endothelial protein and mediates the cytoprotective action of nitric oxide. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 20: 1209-1215 (2000).
- Oberle S, Polte T, Abate A, Podhaisky H-P and Schröder H. Aspirin increases ferritin synthesis in endothelial cells: a novel antioxidant pathway. Circ. Res. 82: 1016-1020 (1998).
- Schröder H, Leitman DC, Bennett BM, Waldman SA and Murad F. Glyceryl trinitrate-induced desensitization of guanylate cyclase in cultured rat lung fibroblasts. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 245: 413-418 (1988).