Mission and Vision
The College of Pharmacy inspires and educates current and future pharmacists and scientists, engages in cutting-edge research and leads practice development to improve the health of the people of Minnesota and the world.
We will be a world leader in outstanding pharmacy education and research and in improving health by
- Providing a dynamic educational experience to a high-achieving, high-potential, diverse student body, thus empowering them to become leaders in patient-centered, interprofessional care.
- Leading in innovative research in pharmaceutical sciences and practice while embracing the value of interdisciplinary work.
- Establishing relationships with patients, decision makers and practitioners to meet changing needs, model patient-centered care and shape the evolving health care system.
- Preparing graduate students, residents and post-doctoral fellows to become the next generation of scientists, advanced practitioners and educators.
- Attracting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff.
- Innovation and excellence in research, practice and education
- Service to our communities in Minnesota and throughout the world
- Students as key stakeholders in all we do
- A focus on patient-centered care
- A strong partnership with the profession for the advancement of pharmacy practice
- An interprofessional approach to create change in our healthcare systems to benefit patients
- Strong science and cutting edge graduate education
- Leadership and collaboration in all of our work
- An orientation to the future
- Respect toward all individuals